Friday, August 24, 2012

He was humbled ~

Yesterday, I met an astounding young man when my friend and I were having lunch at a table with 6 other folks from our area in the "city". My 92 year old friend likes to sit at this table, and when the man greeted her and there were still 2 empty chairs too ~ perfect ~

And just so you know, we were eating at one of our "cities" nicer soup kitchen's where I volunteer washing dishes and being a necessary "go-for" for 5-6 hours on Fridays ~ and eating there M-F is my friends' life's priority. She loves the people she meets and they love her. Most of the folks eating there have experienced a major humbling of some kind.

This younger man's presence was peaceful ~ to say the least. After talking a bit, I discovered that one ordinary day only 18 months earlier his childhood sweetheart, his heart, his world (since they were 8. everyone always knew they'd marry one day) was instantly killed along with their two small children in a car wreck.

He went over the deep end and couldn't swim. He immediately started on a journey of traveling in our lower 48 states. We didn't have time to get into anything other than he has zero idea what attracted him to consider any city in particular. He just went. Traveled again, and again. He had to. He went to do 8 places spread around the US. The same is true for how he ended up here.

He was very comfortable holding eye contact with me as he talked. He seemed completely balanced, calm, in control of himself 100%. Unfortunately, my friend and I were in a hurry to finish eating in time to get her to her appointment for a class on understanding her iPhone.

I have less than two weeks to actually sit and talk with him (Monday no barn, so yes Monday is my first attempt. I ran out to see him fast on Friday. We spoke very briefly as he survives and prepares to travel to TX. I have a strong desire to reconnect with this astonishing person.

~ I can hardly imagine the reality for him: He experienced such an extreme & excruciating loss of his heart and soul (she was his mate in the truest sense) and it's interesting how the extent of personal loss appears equivalent to our ability to handle the pain ~ I see now

To be con't. Must ready for helping with yard work


So as is again, fare well and a hui ho, LL

No comments:

Post a Comment