Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What a Difference Perspective Makes

I basically just finished reading my cousin's blog: http://checkingmymotives.blogspot.com/ and came away with so many thoughts to process. It's quite telling, in a spiritual sort of way, that what we each ultimately write is about healing ourselves.

I probably started my tiny blog only about a year ago and she's been writing for over 2,000 days. I never really felt I had a plan. Now I know something bigger is peculating and possibly why I "stumbled across" this blog (I felt certain she wrote) ~ and immediately emailed her and it is her!

Jackie's late mother and my father were siblings, Us kids lost contact around forty years ago and I had zero idea about who Jackie is today until we started catching ourselves up only month earlier as she wrote in her blog. I felt strength and wisdom in all Jackie wrote personally to me, as well as an un-dieing love in her family. She truly admired our "good life". In "there"~ is the mysterious secret to a path for further healing for anyone willing to explore reality.

Jackie wrote how she always looked at our life as if our family was happy, normal and lucky. Each of our parents came into adulthood with sad and painful experiences that seeped into the lives of eight children.

Jackie spoke of the book for adult children of alcoholics that she was reading. I wrote back how that book also explained my life: the patterns, the anger, the dramas . . Yet her life was an extreme with two alcoholic parents and mine only damaged by behaviors created from my father's childhood in conjunction with my mother and her life's experiences.

That book ultimately started the awakening in me that gave me the courage I needed. Could that initial awakening have been the ultimate reason for why I am alive after a life-threatening accident I spoke of last?!? I still had unguided courage, but that's another day's writing.

Jackie and I see life through from similar and identical awareness and our paths have converged again. We own the choices we each made along our journeys, good and bad. Now we've each chosen to surrender the mechanics of life to a higher power ~ that also exist within us all. It's a daily conscious choice. We're each shown when we make right choices ~ we only need to be aware. But that's also another day.

Fare well and a hui ho, LL

1 comment: