Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nico arrives & Sophia's with Uncle Josh

My daughter and her husband's first son, Nico, arrived yesterday evening. Their 18+ month old daughter, Sophia, waits at home with her favorite uncle ~ life is happy ~ as it should be.

I've been on the river of my life for nearing 6 decades (Oh man, that just sounds so old!) But I know my hard earned wisdom, from deeper and deeper awareness into me and what I've started calling the mechanics of life, that's making this end of my journey worth every day I have left.

We all know about the role we do play in our own lives, We call 'em choices right? Either that or we're gonna feel like we had zero choice in some things and we'll grumble, or whatever, about that ~ those people who feel they didn't have any choice in a matter . . Sorry, but that ain't true! Just trace anything back and you'll always find you somewhere.

Now what about that other part of life (ie, coincidences, gravity, certain opportunities, tragedies, some health situations, death)? The things we can't and don't control. We either don't know or we don't want to know how these things occur. I believe it takes courage to believe there is something greater than us involved in the mechanics of our lives. When we acknowledge the possibility of this, we can know we're good, and we can also know we're stronger in numbers so to speak.

Quite often we can't imagine how this or that will work out, and it's gotta be quite stressful to feel it's with your will alone that things get done.

My younger sister, JJ's age (see http://checkingmymotives.blogspot.com), very recently had an experience where she searched and searched with all her will and spirit for something she knew in her heart she wanted so badly. She finally gave up her exhaustive search ~ no more she said. Then a phone call for her to check something out! The moment she set foot, or saw, or whatever ~ she knew without a doubt, because she actually felt a moment of complete joy knowing this was meant to be, that this is precisely everything she always wanted.

I will always love that story because I sent sparkley snowflakes with a magic spell (my deepest love and feelings put into words ~ with reverence) that each time they saw it "they" would feel a moment of joy like we feel when we know everything is right in our (personal) world. This year I'll reword it into the feeling what you feel the moment you realize everything is exactly how it's meant to be and it's meant to be for you, and you're overwhelmed with joy and gratitude.

This is a good place to end so I can ready to see my loves.

Fare well and a hui ho, LL

No comments:

Post a Comment